Saturday, August 3, 2013

Thinner With a Beard or a Mustache


Question: Does a beard or a mustache can make a man look slimmer? What factors should I consider for a slimming effect?

Answer: When properly cared for, facial hair of man can radically change the shape of the face. This may seem thinner, wider, longer etc.. Of course, this is due to the creation of lines that draw the eye to the way you want.

Thinner With a Beard or a Mustache

The secret is to remember the rules of volume and line allow a haircut to be flattering and suit the shape of the face. For men, the addition of facial hair can go perfectly well with a haircut, if you aim to change the look of the face. Men with round faces should cut their facial hair as stricter angles to give the jaw more square appearance. A rounded cutting hair on the chin can camouflage a pointed chin.
   
Thinner With a Beard or a Mustache

In my case, I have a round face and my hair is very short (about 2 cm). I have a mustache and a goatee, this is called a "Balbo" in my case. My goat is from 2.5 to 5 cm and ended in a point. The overall effect gives a wave as boat anchor. The position of my hair is offset by the hair I chin, which ultimately extends the shape of my face, while the shape of the bottom line of my goat helps to show my face more square.

Thinner With a Beard or a Mustache

Similarly, the type and shape facial hair can widen the face. For example, a man whose face looks very thin legs can grow more flared at the end so that the face appear wider. Or it could grow a beard at the jugular to expand the shape of the face.

Thinner With a Beard or a Mustache

As for haircuts, the secret is to strike a balance between the cutting lines and the volume of the shape of the hair. A long beard puffy will NOT flattering for a round face, as the vertical legs shaven and a fly (small tuft of beard under his lower lip) will not make your face look fuller. Do not forget the rules of balance and all will be well.